Ballistic steel is also known as armor or protection steel. Swebor Armor™ has an excellent, proven track record as protection steel —trusted by vehicle manufacturers and engineers worldwide to keep people safe.
Swebor R&D focuses on producing protection steel that is more bendable and weldable, without compromising on protection attributes. Swebor Armor™ is available in seven different grades based on hardness and other properties.
A place for every type of Swebor Armor™
For optimal balance between weight, shapes and protection capacity, an armored vehicle (for example) is likely to contain more than one kind of protection steel.
A building, like an embassy, may not require much shaping and can thus forego the more machinable armor in favor of the less costly standard ballistic protection.
Why Swebor Armor™?
- Large stock for quick and reliable delivery times
- All stock material is tested and certified
- Exclusively strip plates for thickness 2 – 16 mm
- Laser suited surface without additional primer
- Narrow thickness tolerances according to EN 10051
- Supreme flatness
- Good weldability
- ISO certified production
- Over 35 years of experience in production of special steels – also as a partner for premium grades of well-known steelworks
What is armor steel?
Read our article about armor steel to find out more.
Swebor is a member of SOFF, The Swedish Security and Defence Industry Association. Our membership means better prerequisites for creating a safer world and having close dialogs with business leading security and defence companies.
Controlled by The Inspectorate of Strategic Products (ISP).
Download product datasheets (PDF)
- Swebor Armor™ 440 - Datasheet
- Swebor Armor™ 500 - Datasheet
- Swebor Armor™ 550 - Datasheet
- Swebor Armor™ 560 - Datasheet
- Swebor Armor™ 600 - Datasheet
- Swebor Armor™ 600 - Bending recommendation
- Swebor Armor™ 600 - Welding recommendation
- Swebor Armor™ Mn - Datasheet
- Swebor Armor™ Ballistic performance guide
HIGH HARNDESS BALLISTIC PROTECTION
Swebor Armor™ 600 and 550 are high HARDNESS ballistic protection steels for any application.
Swebor Armor™ 600 and 550 are two of the world’s most bendable steels at this grade. Tested time and again, Swebor Armor™ 600 and 550 have outstanding performances in ballistic protection. The lower thicknesses posses an unparalleled combination of hardness, formability and weldability. They can be applied from trucks to walls. It’s made to protect – today and tomorrow.
STANDARD BALLISTIC PROTECTION
Swebor Armor™ 560, 500 and Mn are our standard steels for ballistic protection.
They can be found as the main protection of both vehicles and security doors. Due to a careful heat treatment, the steels possess ultimate combination of hardness and bending properties. This category fulfills the protection properties but it’s not as superior as Swebor Armor™ 600 grade.
Swebor Armor™ 400 and 440 grades are with their mix of mechanical properties and weldability made to resist blast.
That is why our blast protection steels put more focus on toughness than hardness, to better absorb explosive loads. The tough blast protective steels can be found under a vehicle to keep passengers safe.